A guy who saw some things he didn't feel right about and took action--Jonathan Saffron Foer author of "Eating Animals". I respect this man.
A common attitude toward vegetarians--that I would argue needs to stop--the other way goes, too. I do not respect these people who mock vegetarians, even if they are "mocking back."
The Paleo Blogosphere. What do we see the most?
- Awesome testamonials and pictures of hot bods
- Promises of a better life
- Delicious and wonderful food porn
- Great no-BS nutritional resources
- Demonization of grains, legumes, sugar, and sometimes dairy
- Self-promotion of books, supplements, and protein powders
- Various trademarked and branded names for a lifestyle that can’t really be branded
- Vegan and vegetarian bashing. Let’s discuss. Continue reading
Posted in Clean Lean Evolutionary Living, Ethical Eating, Nutrition
Tagged CAFOs, eating animals, jonathan saffron foer, meat is murder, mutual edification, nutrition, paleo, paleo troll comment generator, paleos, vegan troll comment generator, vegans, vegans vs. paleos
On the series I’ve been working on involving vegetarians and paleos, it has led me on a vegan blog patrol. I find this enjoyable. On one such post, I found the need to respond out of sheer correction but also out of want for looking up more research. I’m a nerd in that way.
The post I found gives twelve reasons why animal products are just as bad as smoking for the human body. I’ll cover some of them, maybe not all of them, but I had to start with #2. The author is obviously an educated and great woman, but her arguments aren’t very well-structured in a seemingly stereotypical vegan fashion. I have found some very weighted, balanced vegans and I appreciate very much their arguments. Sometimes, however, I feel as if vegan writing is highly emotional in order to supplement the community with motivation for following such a strict and heart-centric diet. Continue reading